Wednesday, April 13, 2011

On We Go!

04.13.2011
"All our bags are packed and we're ready to go..." (Insert musical interlude here)

Josh and I are excited! We've prepared as much as we can and are ready to head to the airport. We take off from LAX at 3:55 today and land in Uganda at 7:45 am on Friday. 29 full hours of flight time plus an 11 hour layover in London, and we'll be there. We're not exactly sure what to expect, but that's okay. We have done all we can to plan and prepare and leave the rest to the Lord. Actually, even our planning and preparing we have left to the Lord as well (I'm still learning the whole trust God with everything deal).

I have been chewing on Romans 12 every day for the past couple of weeks and feel I still need to be there during the trip. I'm praying that Josh and I can be an encouragement to our friends, we can minister to others while we are there and we will gain clarity and insight on what God wants us to do when we come back from this trip by what we experience. I'm glad you are going on the journey with us.

I will post to this blog as often as I can, complete with pictures and videos if I can figure out how to do it. Your prayers are appreciated and we have felt them already. Josh and I are excited to go and Jennifer, Kenny and Sofie are calm as well. Even though it is a difficult lesson, it is wonderful when we can trust God no matter what!

Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment